About the Association
The Australian Military Medicine Association was established in May 1991, however, in October 2012 a resolution was approved to rename the Association the Australasian Military Medicine Association. It is an independent, professional scientific organisation of medical and allied health professionals with the objectives of:
- Promoting the study of military medicine
- Bringing together those with an interest in military medicine
- Disseminating knowledge of military medicine
- Publishing and distributing a journal in military medicine
- Promoting research in military medicine
Membership of the Association is open to doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, paramedics, human factors specialists, psychologists, psychiatrists and anyone with a professional interest in any of the disciplines of military health. The Association is totally independent of the Australian Defence Force, however there are strong connections with the Australian Defence Force Health Services Branch.
The Association reflects and encourages the broad spectrum of health that contributes to the fascinating and vital discipline of military medicine and veterans’ health.