NOTICES – CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT ETC
All notices to:
- us/the Host must be given by email to Leishman Associates at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- you will be given to the email address you specify in your application for registration.
YOUR CANCELLATION OF YOUR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
You may cancel your conference registration, by notifying us by email.
If you do not received acknowledgement by email within two business days, please contact Leishman Associates on (03) 6234 7844.
You will only be entitled to a refund or partial refund as set out below:
Your cancellation – if you cannot attend because it is unlawful (eg, covid-19)
If you are unable, or will, with certainty, be unable, to attend this Event for the reason that it is unlawful for you to travel to the venue or would be legally required to submit to quarantine or “lock-down”:
- You must notify us by email and provide particulars of the reason you cannot attend. You may notify us at any time before the commencement of the Event;
- If we accept the reasons given, and:
- there is an on-line/virtual option to attend, and you tell us that you wish to attend by that means, you must pay the registration fee for on-line/virtual attendance. If you have already paid the registration fee in full, we will refund the difference; or
- there is no option to attend by on-line/virtual means, or if you notify us that you do not wish to attend by that means, we will refund all monies actually received from you to the date of your notice.
Your cancellation – for other reasons
The followappling ies if you wish to cancel your attendance at the Event for any reasons other than those noted above:
- If you notify us by email before 5pm on the date that is 60 days before the Event commences, you must pay a cancellation fee of $150.00 (including GST) and if, when you give us that notice, you have paid more than that sum, we will refund the balance; or.
- If you notify us by email before 5pm on the day that is 30 days before the Event commences, you must pay one half of the full cost of your registration (plus GST). If, when you give us that notice, you have paid more than that sum, we will refund the balance; and
- You may cancel your registration after 5pm on the date that is 30 days before the Event commences, but you will not be entitled to a refund.
CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT OF THE EVENT BY THE HOST
The Host (and Leishman Associates, as the agent of the Host) may cancel or postpone the Event at any time, for any reason. We will notify you by email if any of the foregoing occurs.
- If the Event is cancelled, we will refund all monies paid to date;
- If the Event is postponed, and you tell us that you cannot or do not wish to attend on the new date, you may cancel your registration by notice to us by email. If you tell us that you wish to attend on the new date, we will retain the monies you have paid as your registration Fee for the Event as postponed. If you do not notify us that you wish to attend the Event as postponed within the period we specify when we give you notice of postponement, your registration will be cancelled unless we otherwise agree in writing, and we will refund all monies paid to date.
- If the Event is converted to fully on-line/virtual Event, (and you have not, initially, registered to attend as an on-line/virtual attendee) you may cancel your registration by notice to us by email and we will refund all monies paid to date.
- If you tell us that you wish to attend as an on-line/virtual attendee, we will refund the difference between the full (face-to-face) fee and the fee applicable to on-line/virtual attendance.
- If you do not notify us that you wish to attend the Event as an on-line/virtual attendee within the period we specify when we give you notice of conversion, your registration will be cancelled unless we otherwise agree in writing, and we will refund all monies paid to date.
YOUR TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION COSTS ARE AT YOUR RISK
Expenses for and arrangements you may make for travel and accommodation are at your sole risk and your rights to a refund or partial refund are your sole entitlements on cancellation, postponement and conversion of the Event. We recommend that you consider making accommodation and transport arrangements that permit variation or cancellation with appropriate refunds. We further recommend that you obtain insurance (if available) that will reimburse you accommodation and transport costs in the event of cancellation.